Please read these instructions carefully!
After reading instructions, click here to fill out the booking form.
Tips for Hosting a Successful Program
- Publicize your program effectively. Feel free to duplicate any materials from our catalog for use in your publicity efforts. (Program sponsors will receive a publicity kit.) A few publicity suggestions:
- Send news releases to newspapers and broadcast stations
- Send a newsletter announcing the program to members of your group
- Post flyers in prominent community locations
- Send Chautauqua postcards (provided by Kentucky Humanities) to any mailing lists you can get
- Arrange a telephone publicity campaign
• Sponsors must acknowledge support from Kentucky Humanities and regional underwriters in all publicity materials and event programs. Printed credits should read, "This program was funded in part by Kentucky Humanities and [insert regional sponsors here]." (regional sponsors can be found at the bottom of this page.) The Kentucky Humanities logo will be supplied upon request and is available for download here
- Confirm more than once. One week before your program, call the presenter to review arrangements.
- The presenter may have a long drive, so please put the Kentucky Chautauqua presentation before the business part of your agenda.
- When you introduce your presenter, be sure to acknowledge the support of Kentucky Humanities and the regional underwriter(s) in your area.
Immediately after your program takes place, fill out the evaluation form and return it to Kentucky Humanities.
Kentucky Humanities will pay the presenter directly.
Following the performance you will receive information from Kentucky Humanities about writing thank you letters to our funders.