Kentucky Humanities' educational mission is to assist educators and administrators to meet and exceed the expectations that they set for their classrooms, their students, their schools, and themselves. We know that textbooks and the Internet will only go so far, and traditional off-site field trips—which cost precious dollars and require downtime from the classroom—are becoming more difficult for administrators and school councils to justify. That's were bringing a Kentucky Chautauqua program to an elementary, middle, or high school makes sense and makes an impact that is dramatic.
Kentucky Chautauqua programs provide a unique experience that is both entertaining and educational, making it the perfect addition to every classroom. Generous funding from our supporters allows Kentucky Humanities to underwrite the majority of the cost of sending these living history dramas to schools throughout the Commonwealth. School programs are booked on a first-come, first-served basis while funding lasts. Don't delay, book Kentucky Chautauqua for your classroom today!
Kentucky Humanities will provide:
- A Kentucky Chautauqua presentation followed by a discussion. Please limit the audience to 75 or fewer for each performance. You may book more than one performance on a single day.
- Kentucky Academic Standards by grade level for characters
- A brief history of the character and his/her contributions to U.S. and Kentucky history
- Pre- and post-performance questions
- A ready-to-use introduction for the performance
- Lodging, if needed, for the presenter
For information about Chautauqua in the Schools during the Pandemic, click here