From unique Kentucky cuisine, bourbon, and music to politics, Kentucky culture, and African America history, our Speakers Bureau features a fantastic group of the Commonwealth's finest scholars, historians, writers, and poets. A description of each presentation is included to assist you in finding the perfect program for your group.
- Speakers are available to community groups anywhere in Kentucky. Minimum audience size: 25 adults.
- The Speakers Bureau is not available at reduced cost to college sponsors as part of course credit. It is available at full cost ($300) to these groups and to for-profit organizations.
- Admission to Speakers Bureau programs must be free if you are hosting a reduced-cost event. Admission may be charged at full-cost programs.
- Kentucky Humanities pays each speaker's honorarium and travel directly. Sponsors are responsible for overnight accommodations, if needed.
- This booking season will end July 31, 2021. Reduced cost programs are available until funds run out. Submit your request early to get your event on the calendar.
- An assisted-listening device for people with hearing loss is available from Kentucky Humanities. Your sponsor's packet will include instructions for acquiring it.
- When booking speakers, please be sure to ask about equipment needs and the availability of virtual programs.