The 2013-2014 Kentucky Humanities Council Speakers Bureau includes many of Kentucky's finest writers, scholars, historians, and poets. From Kentucky heroes and controversial politicians to history and delectable Kentucky cuisine, our speakers have a variety of talks available. Browse through these talk descriptions to find the speaker who best fits your event.
*NOTE: We have currently booked all the reduced-cost Speaker Bureau programs. You may still book a speaker, but it will be a full-cost program at $300.00. At this time, this does not include Chautauqua programs or Chautauqua in the School programs.
Download the latest Kentucky Humanities Council 2013-2014 Whole Humanities Catalog.
2013-2014 Speakers Roster
Calendar of Upcoming Chautauqua Presentations and Speakers Bureau Talks
How and When to Schedule KHC Speakers
1. Speakers are available to community groups anywhere in Kentucky. Minimum audience size: 25 adults.
2. The Speakers Bureau is not available at reduced cost to college sponsors as part of course credit. It is available at full cost ($300) to these groups and to for-profit organizations.
3. Admission to Speakers Bureau programs must be free if you are hosting a reduced-cost event. Admission may be charged at full-cost programs.
4. The Kentucky Humanities Council pays each speaker's honorarium and travel directly. Sponsors are responsible for overnight accommodations, if needed.
5. All "featured speakers" will travel statewide. Those listed under "more speakers" may, as noted in the listings, restrict their travel to certain regions.
6. This booking season will end July 31, 2014. Submit your request early to get your event on the calendar.
7. An assisted-listening device for people with hearing loss is available from the Kentucky Humanities Council. Your sponsor's packet will include instructions for acquiring it.