2018 KENTUCKY BOOK FAIR
AUTHOR SELECTION INFORMATION
THE DEADLINE FOR BOOK SUBMISSIONS FOR THE 2017 ANNUAL KENTUCKY BOOK FAIR HAS PASSED. SUBMISSIONS FOR 2018 WILL OPEN JANUARY 1, 2018. THE 2018 SUBMISSION FORM WILL BE POSTED HERE.
Author participation in the Kentucky Book Fair (KBF) is by invitation only. The Author Selection Committee will choose authors and titles from those received by the May 31, 2018 submission deadline.
- May 31, 2018: Deadline for submissions
- August 1, 2018: All author invitations issued
- August 15, 2018: Deadline for invited authors to confirm participation
- Only ONE title can be submitted as the "featured title"; all other titles will be considered backlist.
- Submitted title must be published after July 1, 2017 to be considered.
- Special consideration is given to titles written by authors who are natives of or are currently living in the state of Kentucky, and/or to titles that have a clear Kentucky connection.
- Submitted title must be in publication and available to order by September 30, 2018.
- Submitted materials can be returned to authors by request and at author's expense. Otherwise, materials become property of Kentucky Humanities.
To submit your title, send a completed Author/Book Submission Form and ONE COPY of a finished book or ARC, or a sample chapter and cover image if book is in pre-production, to:
attn. Kentucky Book Fair
206 E. Maxwell St.
Lexington, KY 40508
Kentucky Book Fair Policy on Ordering Books
Where possible, Kentucky Humanities (KH) will order books from the publisher. If author prefers to supply book(s), author must agree to supply them at a 40% discount, requiring no pre-payment, and to accept returns of unsold stock. Payments to self-supply authors are based on sales figures from the cash registers at KBF. Self-supply authors will not be compensated for books that are not processed through the cash registers. Print-on-Demand titles must be supplied by the author. Payments will be sent no later than December 31, 2017.
Questions or comments should be directed to Brooke Raby, Kentucky Book Fair Manager, at (859) 257-4317 or email@example.com.