2018 KENTUCKY BOOK FESTIVAL
AUTHOR SELECTION INFORMATION
Author participation in the Kentucky Book Festival (KBF) is by invitation only. The Author Selection Committee will choose authors and titles from those received by the May 31, 2018 submission deadline.
SUBMISSIONS FOR 2018 ARE CLOSED.
- May 31, 2018: Deadline for submissions
- June 15 - August 1, 2018 (rolling): Author invitations issued
- August 15, 2018: Deadline for invited authors to confirm participation
- November 17, 2018: Kentucky Book Fair, Alltech Arena at the Kentucky Horse Park
- Only ONE title can be submitted as the featured title; all other titles will be considered backlist.
- Submitted title must be published after July 1, 2017 to be considered.
- Special consideration is given to titles written by authors who are natives of or are currently living in the state of Kentucky, and/or to titles that have a clear Kentucky connection.
- Textbooks and other technical guides/manuals will not be considered.
- Submitted title must be in publication and available to order by September 30, 2018.
- Submitted materials cannot be returned and become property of Kentucky Humanities.
To submit your title, send a completed Author/Book Submission Form and ONE COPY of a finished book or ARC, or a sample chapter and cover image if book is in pre-production, to:
attn. Kentucky Book Festival
206 E. Maxwell St.
Lexington, KY 40508
Kentucky Book Fair Policy on Ordering Books
Where possible, Kentucky Humanities (KH) will order books from the publisher. If author prefers to supply book(s), author must agree to supply them at a 40% discount, requiring no pre-payment, and to accept returns of unsold stock. Payments to self-supply authors are based on sales figures from the cash registers at KBF. Self-supply authors will not be compensated for books that are not processed through the cash registers. Print-on-Demand titles must be supplied by the author. Payments will be sent no later than December 31, 2018.
If author is invited to participate in the Kentucky Book Fair, Kentucky Humanities will require the following:
1. A book cover image from the most recently published title.
2. An author headshot for promotional purposes.
3. An agreement, to be sent with invitation, around the details of author's participation in event, including times and dates of participation. Authors must be available to sign books for at least 4 hours on the day of the Kentucky Book Fair, unless other arrangements are made with Manager. Authors may take breaks and/or attend special programs, and lunches will be provided.
Some authors may be invited to do a reading or participate in a panel discussion.
Questions or comments should be directed to Brooke Raby, Kentucky Book Fair Manager, at (859) 257-4317 or email@example.com.