Please read these instructions carefully!
After reading instructions, click here to fill out the booking form.
Tips for Hosting a Successful Program
• Publicize your program effectively. Feel free to duplicate any materials from our catalog for use in your publicity efforts. (Program sponsors will receive a publicity kit.) A few publicity suggestions:
• Send news releases to newspapers and broadcast stations
• Send a newsletter announcing the program to members of your group
• Post flyers in prominent community locations
• Send Chautauqua postcards (provided by Kentucky Humanities) to any mailing lists you can get
• Arrange a telephone publicity campaign
Steps to Schedule a Program
1. Contact your selected Chautauqua performer at least four weeks before your program to find out if he or she will be available to speak to your group. Please contact your presenter before contacting Kentucky Humanities. If you don't your program will not take place as you planned.
2. Complete the booking form and return it to the Kentucky Humanities office, along with the appropriate booking fee, at least two weeks before your scheduled program. Call the Kentucky Humanities office, 859.257.5932, for information.
3. Await notification from Kentucky Humanities that your program has been booked. You will receive a contract packet in the mail.
4. Sign the contract and invoice and return them to Kentucky Humanities within two weeks of receipt. This is your contract with us.
5. Send the confirmation form to your presenter. Kentucky Humanities will pay the presenter directly. Sponsors are responsible for lodging, if needed.
6. Following the presentation, fill out the evaluation form provided and return the evaluation to Kentucky Humanities (206 East Maxwell Street, Lexington, KY 40508).