We are taking a road trip!
Join us in September and October as our Democracy & the Informed Citizen program travels to five Kentucky cities:
• September 13 — Otto Budig Theatre at Northern Kentucky University, Highland Heights
• September 18 — Market House Theatre, Paducah
• October 15 — Actors Theatre of Louisville
• October 16 — Carrick Theatre at Transylvania University, Lexington
• October 23 — Jody Richards Hall at Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green
We hope you will join us for this special Kentucky Reads: All the King's Men
event at Northern Kentucky University!
The evening will begin with a keynote address from NKU's Dr. Jonathan Cullick, author of Robert Penn Warren's All the King's Men: A Reader's Companion
. Following the keynote, a panel featuring public figure Trey Grayson, journalist Judith Clabes, and scholar Dr. Cullick will lead a community discussion about journalism, politics, and an informed citizenry. The conversation will be moderated by Jay Stowe, former editor-in-chief of Cincinnati Magazine
We are bringing Democracy & the Informed Citizen to Paducah on Tuesday, September 18th!
The evening will begin with a "cuttings" read of the play All the King's Men featuring local personalities. Following the play reading, a panel including public figure Judge Thomas B. Russell, journalist Steve Wilson, and scholar Dr. Duane Bolin will lead a community discussion about journalism and politics. The conversation will be moderated by Murray State University's Constance Alexander.